Do you want to taste this good wine? Here is one of the prompts for your enjoyment.
I believe architects, among other creatives, will have thanks to AI the power of doing super fast brain storms for their projects and unleash their creativity!
For beginners – Midjourney architecture is a type of architecture that is created with the help of AI. AI can be utilized either to generate a 3D design of an architectural project or to serve as an inspiration. Currently, it is primarily used as a tool for designers to experiment with and explore possibilities, but it has the potential to revolutionize the work of architects in the future.
AI has already been utilized in other creative industries such as film, music, and even cooking. Therefore, it’s only a matter of time before AI “seduces” architecture. One of the key advantages of AI is its ability to learn from previous projects and continue developing new designs with greater creativity. It also opens up a range of opportunities that were previously unavailable, thanks to its computational power and capabilities.
For example, Zaha Hadid Architects, one of the world’s largest design agencies, has already conducted experiments with both DALL·E 2 and MidJourney in their design processes. They stated, ‘DALL·E 2 has been used specifically to design an ongoing metaverse project. They also wrote: “we believe that the fluid nature of AI tools like MidJourney, combined with the large number of Zaha Hadid images in the database and training data, enables us to generate images that reflect the characteristic aesthetics and spatial identity of the firm’s work, making it a desirable tool for us”
Best Architecture Prompts Structure
As Linus Ekenstam said, for best results, it’s helpful to use this structured prompt:
<Type>, <Camera Angle>, <Style>, <House Type>, <Focal Point>, <Textures>, <Detail>, <Color Palette>, <Architect>, <Type of House>, <Lighting>, <Location>, <Time of Day>, <Mood>, <Architecture>
For the “Architect” field, I have compiled a list of the most famous ones that may be useful for your prompts:
- Frank Lloyd Wright (Guggenheim Museum, Skyscraper Vase, Spindle Cube Chair, Side Chair, Taliesin Line of Decorative Wallpapers, Armchair, Design 105)
- Frank Gehry (San Francisco Museum of Modern Art, Serpentine Galleries, Dallas Museum of Art)
- Álvaro Siza (Iberê Camargo Foundation, The Serralves)
- Alvar Alto (Villa Mairea, The Baker House)
- Le Corbusier (Abstract Composition, Still Life Filled with Space, Villa Savoye, Esprit Nouveau Pavilion)
- Antoni Gaudí (Sagrada Família, Casa Batlló)
- Zaha Hadid (Horizontal Tektonik, Malevich’s Tektonik, London, Serpentine Galleries, San Francisco Museum of Modern Art, High Museum of Art)
- Ben Van Berkel (Erasmus Bridge, Moebius House)
- Bernard Tschumi (Blue Condominium, Acropolis Museum)
- Norman Foster (A30 St Mary Axe, Willis Faber and Dumas Headquarters)
- Jean Nouvel (Louvre Abu Dhabi, Agbar Tower)
- Bjarke Ingels (Mountain Dwellings, VM Houses)
- Ludwig Mies van der Rohe (Barcelona chair, Brno chair, Armchair (MR20), Tugendhat chair, Court House, “Barcelona,” Model MR 90 Chair)
- César Pelli (Porta Nuova Garibaldi Complex, Petronas Towers)
- Daniel Libeskind (Imperial War Museum, Grand Canal Theatre)
- Moshe Safdie (Habitat 67)
- Frank Gehry (The Walt Disney Concert Hall, Marqués de Riscal Vineyard Hotel)
- Santiago Calatrava (Infinite Spirit, Times Capsule, Il Dente, Eye, Fruit, Wave, Bou, Palme, Bird I, Torso)
- Louis Kahn (Center of Philadelphia, Urban and Traffic Study)
- Richard Neutra (Lovell House, Kauffmann Desert house)
- Harry Seidler (Rose Seidler House, Blues Point Tower)
- Renzo Piano (Centre Georges Pompidou, The Shard)
- Philip Johnson (Glass House, 550 Madison Avenue)
Throughout this guide, we will explore various options for MidJourney prompts, ranging from simple to complex, taking into account different parameters and also based on the structure above. The key is to understand the capabilities and options in generating architectural inspiration, and I hope that with these techniques in your hands, you can improve upon them and achieve even greater results than those presented here.
Midjourney Modern Architecture
So, the first prompt for the Midjourney – /imagine…
Contemporary style architecture, volumetric and minimal, panoramic windows, use concrete and dark metal, add trees, mansion, 18mm
In the next prompt, we will use a detailed description of the location, the position of the sun, and also indicate the perspective you would like to have on the architecture in order to achieve the most customized result. A good technique could be to specify the name of the brand/magazine/designer in the style you want to achieve. In the example below, the hint “Dwell” is used – this is a famous brand in design and technology that was launched by architecture and design critics Kerry Jacobs.
You can also specify the value “–v 5” to get the result using the latest version of the visual renderer available today.
editorial photo from Dwell, Midcentury modern house, on a cliff overlooking Los Angeles, morning sun, brilliant architecture, beautiful, exclusive, expensive, minimal lines, breathtaking, 8K, architecture photography --ar 3:2 --v 5
The position of the sun that you specify can greatly affect the atmosphere of the rendered image of the architectural object. The example below:
editorial photo from Dwell, Midcentury modern house, on a cliff overlooking Los Angeles, evening sun, brilliant architecture, beautiful, exclusive, expensive, minimal lines, breathtaking, 8K, architecture photography --ar 3:2 --v 5
In the same way, we can use the names of design schools or architectural design studios to get something new, but similar to their style.
Photorealistic Architectural Rendering Archviz, architectural visualization, property CGI, CGI architecture, 3d render, photorealisitc, winter, snow
Midjourney Architecture Drawings
/Imagine details sheet minimal style architectural competition
/Imagine details sheet architectural drawings graphism
/imagine a graphic design template for 2D architectural drawings
Midjourney Futuristic Architecture
/Imagine stunning futuristic biophilic yule house, organic twisting biomimetic fractal architecture, designed by Frank Lloyd Wright and Zaha Hadid and Frank Gehry, snowy winter environment, gorgeous scenic photograph
Photography, A futuristic house wonders of modern technology fluidity of architecture shining surfaces reflecting a feng shui of harmony and balance in a forest, 8K, colorful lighting, vivid, ultra details, surreal --ar 2:1 --v 5
Midjourney Apartments Architecture
/Imagine modern apartment building downtown montreal street views architectural design
Midjourney Apartment layouts design
What’s more, even if you have no idea what an apartment can be, its style, what the layout of the rooms and all the ergonomics can be – all this can also be solved. Midjourney can help architects simply dive deeper into apartment layouts and floorplans!
Expensive Sky rise apartment layout Floorplan
If you have a clearer understanding of the task, there is no problem, even if it is the area of the room.
Expensive Sky rise apartment layout Floorplan, 80 square meters, modern style