The emergence of AI is transforming the way we approach learning, research, and work. When utilized effectively, it has the potential to boost your productivity and income tenfold. In order to stay ahead in this rapidly changing landscape, it’s imperative to gain proficiency in ChatGPT and other AI tools.
Give ChatGPT an identity
In the physical realm, seeking advice typically involves consulting with experts in the relevant field. For financial guidance, you’d turn to a certified investment specialist, while a personal trainer would be your go-to for physical fitness. It would be odd to seek treatment for a peculiar rash on your leg from a management consultant.
- If you need sales copy, ask ChatGPT to write something like this: “As a seasoned copywriter with two decades of experience, you excel at crafting persuasive messaging for businesses. Your area of expertise lies in developing compelling copy for financial companies.”
- For career advice, you might prompt ChatGPT with: “You’re a career advisor with a successful track record of guiding young men in their 20s and 30s towards fulfilling careers. Over the past 20 years, you’ve helped countless individuals achieve their dream jobs.”
Define your objective
ChatGPT can offer more targeted advice when it understands your goals. Provide ChatGPT with a clear idea of what you want to accomplish, and it will provide responses that align with your objective. The more specific you are about your aim, the better the advice you’ll receive.
For instance, by informing ChatGPT that your aim is to acquire subscribers, it can craft tweets that specifically highlight the advantages of mastering the use of ChatGPT. Such tweets have a higher likelihood of attracting new subscribers and advancing your goal.
Add constraints to your prompt
ChatGPT‘s responses can be shaped by providing additional details about what you want or do not want in its answers. Constraints aid ChatGPT in comprehending your search criteria, reducing the likelihood of irrelevant outputs.
You can guide ChatGPT’s output by imposing certain restrictions, such as the length or format of its response. For example, you might prompt ChatGPT to “Generate a 200-word summary of this article” to obtain a specific length of output.
Alternatively, you can provide ChatGPT with a particular format for its response, such as “Generate a table of keywords for a gardening blog that includes columns for ‘Example of article titles’ and ‘Target audience’.” This format would provide ChatGPT with a specific framework to follow, helping it to produce an output that meets your requirements.
Give ChatGPT a structure to follow
Copywriters and storytellers use a range of techniques to craft persuasive and engaging content. By asking ChatGPT to utilize these proven methods, you can enhance the effectiveness of its responses.
For example, you might prompt ChatGPT to “Incorporate the PAS formula (Problem, Agitate, Solve) when crafting a sales pitch for this product.” This would direct ChatGPT to use a specific formula that helps to highlight the problem, agitate the reader’s pain points, and then present a solution to address those concerns. By leveraging such techniques, ChatGPT can help to generate more compelling and effective content.
Iteratively improve ChatGPT’s output through dialogue
One of the advantages of ChatGPT is its ability to recall the entire conversation within each chat session. This feature enables you to ask follow-up questions to clarify or refine specific answers.
For instance, let’s say you asked ChatGPT for advice on how to increase your website traffic, and it suggests social media marketing as one strategy. You could then ask follow-up questions like “Can you recommend any specific social media platforms for my business?” or “What kind of content should I be sharing on social media to drive traffic?” By drilling down into ChatGPT’s responses through follow-up questions, you can gain more specific and useful information to apply to your particular situation.
There are various follow-up prompts that you can use to refine ChatGPT’s answers and make them more specific to your needs. Here are a few examples:
- “Can you format this answer as a table?” – This prompt can help to organize information in a more structured and visual format.
- “Can you write this from the perspective of [example here]?” – This prompt can help to make the answer more relatable and relevant to a specific audience or situation.
- “Can you explain this like I’m 5 years old?” – This prompt can help to simplify complex concepts and ideas into more accessible language.
- “Can you add some sarcastic humor to this?” – This prompt can help to inject some personality and entertainment value into the answer.
- “Can you summarize this into a tweet (280 characters or less)?” – This prompt can help to distill key points or takeaways into a concise and shareable format.
- “Can you put this into an actionable list?” – This prompt can help to provide a clear and organized set of steps or recommendations to follow.
By using these types of follow-up prompts, you can customize ChatGPT’s responses to better suit your needs and preferences.